Not only is it relaxing but can improve your life tremendously!
Several studies over the years from medical schools as well as from the National Institute of Health have found massage beneficial in decreasing anxiety, tension, depression and pain, as well as improving alertness and increasing range of motion.
Other physical and mental benefits seen with massage are:
- Stress relief
- Peace of mind and well-being through relaxation
- Relief from muscular tension and stiffness
- Reduced discomfort of pregnancy
- Improved immune system function
- Reduced blood pressure
- Relief from some depression
- Increased mind-body awareness
- Improved posture/joint function
- Relief from headaches
- Expanded capacity of creativity
- Enhanced healing/reduction of scar tissue
- Reduced systemic problems
Among these benefits, many other sports, work and home injuries can be improved! How is all this done? With a highly skilled, experienced therapist using a variety of techniques.
Ellissa Ratchford L.M.B.T.
Holistic medicine is the art and science of healing that addresses the mind, body and spirit. As an experienced Massage and Bodywork Therapist, Herbalist and Psychology student I integrate a range of therapies to heal, treat, prevent, sooth, relax the body and promote optimal health. I specialize in a variety of holistic treatment services that address the root causes and not just the symptoms of pains and ailments.